Integrate AskAway into the new EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS)
Integrating AskAway into EBSCO's Discovery Service is a great way to increase AskAway's visibility at your library and helps students access chat support while they're researching.
To configure LibraryH3lp in the new EBSCO Discovery user interface, follow the steps in EBSCO's documentation. You'll need the following information:
- Your LibraryH3lp chat queue ID:
- This is your library's queue.
- In the URL that you'll retrieve in step 2 below, your library's queue ID comes just before @chat.ca.libraryh3lp.com. For example, if your URL used to launch the chat is https://email@example.com?skin=15806, your chat queue ID is bcit
- The URL used to launch the chat:
- The URL to the chat when it's offline
- This could be the URL used to launch the chat. Or you could use any page that you want patrons to see when chat is offline.
If you have any questions or would like help retrieving the information needed, contact the Admin Centre.