Create and manage service provider accounts in LibraryH3lp
Create New Service Provider Accounts (New Version)
Note: These instructions are to create accounts using the current version (as of May 2022) of the Users Management page.
- Login to the LibraryH3lp Dashboard with your institution’s admin account (e.g. kpu-admin)
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click Users
- Enter a Username according to the following format:
- institution-firstname-lastinitial (e.g. kpu-sadie-p)
- Enter a Password, re-type to match, then press next
- Enter an email address, then press next
- Adding an email address will allow the account user to use the 'forgot password' and 'forgot username' features
- Click to check the box for ‘Yes. Copy another user’s settings as a starting point’. Copying settings from a pre-existing user account is recommended
- When the box is checked, a drop-down menu appears where you can select a user to copy user settings from. Select a service provider (not a local coordinator) user to copy, then press next.
- Settings that will be copied include queue assignment (Step 8) and canned message pools (Step 10)
- You can start typing in the drop-down to search the list for users with your institution’s abbreviation, or by a specific user’s name
- Assign the appropriate queues for the user account. Use the searchable drop down menu to select the queues relevant to your institution, then click next.
- These may already be populated. Double check that the assignments are correct, then click next.
- Remember: proactive chat has a separate queue, ensure that this queue is assigned if applicable.
- For this step you will see the following screen. Press Next, these settings may be left as they are.
- Leave the box checked for 'Assign (user) to all canned messages pools' and press next.
- Institutional canned message pools are assigned automatically (if applicable) by copying settings from a pre-existing user.
- No Need to create a conference room, click next.
- Select . The wizard will take you to a summary page where a breakdown of the chosen settings is displayed, and changes can be made if need be.
Edit an Existing Account
Login to the LibraryH3lp Dashboard with your institution's admin account (e.g. kpu-admin)
In the left-hand navigation menu, click Users:
Use the search function to look up the user you wish to edit.
Here you can do the following:
To change account settings, select the gear beside the username:
To change account the password, click the key beside the username:
Reset Service Provider Passwords
- You can change a service provider password using the steps above for "Edit an Existing Account"
- If a service provider has forgotten their password, they can use the "Forgot your username?" or "Forgot your password?" option on the Webclient login page.
Delete Service Provider Accounts
- Login to the LibraryH3lp Dashboard with your institution's admin account (e.g. kpu-admin)
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click Users:
- Use the search function to look up the user you wish to edit.
- Click to check the box to the left of the user you wish to delete, then click the red trashcan button. Select ‘yes’ on the pop-up to complete the action.