Browse and search frequently asked questions.
Embedding your library's chat boxes in EBSCO is a great way to increase AskAway's visibility at your library and allows students to access chat support when they need it most: while researching.
Steps to add LibraryH3lp chat box to EBSCO sidebar:
1. Login to your library's EBSCO Admin
2. Click the Viewing Results tab
3. Beside Widgets click Modify
4. From the Custom Widgets for: drop-down, select where you'd like the widget to display (Result List or Detailed Record)
5. To add a new widget, click Add Item and then select or enter the following:
Note: The example above uses code for the AskAway practice chat box
6. Click Submit to save your changes
7. Select the following:
8. Click Submit again to save your changes
9. Wait approx. 5 minutes for changes to take effect
10. Test the widget to make sure chats are coming through and to see how the chat box displays when the service is both open and closed
~ ~ ~
Steps to add LibraryH3lp chat tab to EBSCO footer:
This document from LibraryH3lp has steps (with screenshots) for adding the chat tab to EBSCO. Steps are also shared below.
If you have any questions or would like help embedding widgets in EBSCO, contact the Admin Centre and we'll be happy to help.